Youth Assistance Fund
The Youth Assistance Fund is available for families with financial hardship who would still like to have the opportunity for their child to participate in City of Greeley Recreation programs. The Greeley Culture, Parks and Recreation Department raises money through various sponsorships and donations for the Youth Assistance Fund. As long as there are monies available, we will accommodate all qualified requests.
New changes in 2023
Beginning January 1, 2023, the eligibility requirements for Greeley Recreation’s Youth Assistance Fund, a scholarship for families with a financial need, will change. This program offers individuals up to $150 annually to help cover the cost of sports programs and classes.
To qualify, families must now provide eligibility documentation for one of the following three programs:
• Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
• Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
• The Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP)
Youth Assistance Fund Qualification Process:
- Participants must be Greeley residents (non-Greeley Weld County residents will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis) and must provide a most recent benefit letter of qualification from (SNAP) the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (WIC) Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, or (CCCAP) The Colorado Child Care Assistance Program.
- Once qualification is confirmed, each child will receive a $150 scholarship. Each participant can utilize this money towards program registration costs. In addition, camps, clinics, recreation jerseys, and punch passes are also included.
- The Youth Assistance Scholarship will cover only 70% cost for any program over $100. The remaining 30% balance will need to be paid out of pocket by the participant at the time of registration.
- The Youth Assistance Program scholarship program will expire on December 31.
- The Youth Assistance Program cannot be used towards any membership, pool pass, or daily admission fee.
- The AIR Assistance Program is for participants that may not qualify for Youth Assistance and have a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”).
Applications can be downloaded and printed out; below is the 2023 English and Spanish version of the new application. Please return completed applications to the Greeley Recreation Center, located at 651 10th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631, at least five business days before registering for programs.
Contact 970-336-4206 for further information.