The Family FunPlex, located at 1501 65th Avenue in Greeley, will undergo upgrades Sept. 6 through early November.
The indoor waterpark will close to complete the renovations; however, the facility will remain open. Access to the facility elevator will not be available for the entire month of September.
What to expect
Facility upgrades will include the following work:
- Installation of new indoor waterpark play features and new underwater theme.
- A new mural of colorful underwater sea creatures painted by artist Julie Williams will brighten the existing white walls.
- Air Conditioner unit improvements are tentatively set to begin Sept. 12 and will take three weeks.
- For the first week, the building will not have air conditioning.
- In the second week, some locations will have air conditioning restored.
- The air conditioning should fully return by the third week. The front entrance will close for one week and visitors will need to use the east entrance temporarily for facility access.
- Elevator maintenance will impact access to the fitness center, dance studio, and indoor walking track beginning Oct. 10 for four weeks. During that time, patrons can only access those areas by stairs. For customers unable to use the stairs to the second floor, indoor walking will be available from 5-10 a.m. in the Fieldhouse. The FunPlex Fieldhouse is west of the main entrance.
Additional Open Swim Opportunities
During the FunPlex indoor waterpark closure, Discovery Bay Waterpark will extend open swim, located at 715 E 24th St., on Saturdays and Sundays from 12-6 p.m., weather permitting, through Sept. 25.
The Greeley Recreation Center will also expand pool hours and offer open swim sessions Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
For additional information about the Family FunPlex, call 970-350-9401, or visit GreeleyRec.com.
Revised September 13, 2022