Beginning Jan. 1, the eligibility requirements for Greeley Recreation’s Youth Assistance Fund, a scholarship for families with a financial need, will change. This program offers individuals up to $150 annually to help cover the cost of sports programs and classes.
To qualify, families must now provide proof of eligibility for one of the following three programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- The Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP)
The application can be completed through a new online form or by using the 2023 hard copy printed format. Submit completed applications at least five business days prior to registering for any program. For more information, call 970-350-9400.
New State Free School Lunch Law Changes Youth Assistance Fund Qualifications
Previously, families that qualified for Weld County School District 6 free and reduced lunch program were eligible to apply for the fund. However, due to the recent changes to that program based on the new state law, all Greeley students now qualify for free lunches. Therefore, Greeley Recreation will be looking at alternative eligibility requirements for the Youth Assistance Fund.
Youth Assistance Fund Qualification Process:
- Participants must be Greeley residents (non-Greeley Weld County residents will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis) and must provide a most recent benefit letter of qualification from (SNAP) the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, (WIC) Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, or (CCCAP) The Colorado Child Care Assistance Program.
- Once qualification is confirmed, each child will receive a $150 scholarship. Each participant can utilize this money towards program registration costs. In addition, camps, clinics, recreation jerseys, and punch passes are also included.
- The Youth Assistance Scholarship will cover only 70% cost for any program over $100. The remaining 30% balance will need to be paid out of pocket by the participant at the time of registration.
- The Youth Assistance Program scholarship program will expire on Dec. 31.
- The Youth Assistance Program cannot be used towards any membership, pool pass, or daily admission fee.
- The ADA Assistance Program is for participants that may not qualify for Youth Assistance and fall under the ADA protection.
December 6, 2022