Did you know that the Greeley Senior Activity Center usually takes one or two international vacations each year? These excursions are hosted by the company Globus Family of Brands Tours and our very own Tiffany Skoglund, Recreation Supervisor, goes along as the tour guide. All expenses including airfare, accommodations and meals are included in the price. It’s a great way to see the world!
Many of our travelers ask “What should you pack for an international trip?” To help you, we’ve put together some helpful hints:
The luggage you take on your trip is just as important as the items you pack inside it. Here are some of the key pieces you may want to put on your packing list…
- Primary rolling travel bag – Ideal for longer trips, when you can’t fit everything into a carry-on luggage.
- Carry-on/Daypack – Smaller bag that can be used as both a carry-on for essentials (i.e. medications, toothbrush, 3 oz. tube of toothpaste, comb, etc.) and for day trips during your excursions.
All of these items are very important to have on your packing checklist when traveling internationally.
- Passport and other identification
- Cash and credit/debit card(s)
- Health insurance information
- Travel insurance documents
- Reservation, itineraries and contact info for your hotel accommodations
- Airfare and other transportation tickets
- Guide books, maps, travel guides, language guide books
Depending on your travels, you probably don’t want to leave home without these items:
- Lightweight, climate-specific clothing & footwear
- Electrical converters/adapters
- Toiletry kit and personal hygiene items
- Mobile phone – Check with your provider to make sure it can receive service abroad
- Laptop, camera or other essential electronics
- Prescription & over-the-counter medications – written prescriptions for any needles needed for RX
- Travel journal or small notepad & pen
The Greeley Senior Activity Center is already gearing up for their 2018 trips…to find out more about them and register to go along, please attend the following seminars:
New York City Getaway
Friday, January 19 at 2:30pm
Friday, January 19 at 1:30pm