Swim lessons are for youth ages 6 months through 15 years. To register for the correct session for your child please review the swim lesson progression below.
SWIM LESSON PROGRESSION
- Parent-Tot: Water entry and exit, cue words, floating on front and back, arm movement and water safety education.
- Preschool: Front and back glide 2 body lengths (assisted), front and back float for 3 seconds (assisted), roll from front to back (assisted), alternating arm and leg actions on front and back and safety skills.
- Level 1: Safety skills, submerge entire body under water, roll front to back and back to front, introduce flutter kick and crawl-stroke arm movements.
- Level 2: Safety skills, bob five times going under water, open eyes and pick up submerged object, combined arm and leg movement on front and back, front and back glide.
- Level 3: Safety skills, jump into deep water, head-first water entry, perform rotary breathing, tread water for one minute in deep water, front and back crawl for 25 yds., butterfly kick and body motion for 15 yds., elementary backstroke.
- Level 4: Safety skills, feet-first surface dive, front and back crawl 25 yds., butterfly, elementary backstroke and breaststroke for 25 yds., swim on side using scissor kick.
- Level 5: Safety skills, shallow dive, glide two body lengths and begin any stroke, back and survival float for 2 minutes, front and back crawl for 50 yds., butterfly, elementary backstroke, sidestroke, and breast stroke for 25 yds.
- Participants should bring adequate water and hand sanitizer.
- Anyone with COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms – a fever, cough, or shortness of breath – should not enter or use city facilities including outdoor pools.
- It is highly encouraged for swimmers to be “swim ready” upon arrival at the pool, showering prior and already dressed in appropriate swim attire.