Greeley Youth Commission
The Youth Commission is the student-run governing body of the City of Greeley’s Youth Enrichment Program. There are 11 Commissioners, 3 Ex-Officio’s and a City Council Liaison that comprise the Youth Commission.
The goal of the commission is to get young people involved in leadership roles, community involvement and being a voice for youth within the City of Greeley.
In order to achieve this, the Youth Commission:
- Advises City Council on matters of Youth Commission interest and community as a whole
- Makes specific recommendations for youth programs and activities
- Serves as a forum for the expansion of ideas, needs, concerns and goals relating to community issues, particularly as they may affect youth
- Makes recommendations to enhance the range and quality of recreational, employment, civic and social opportunities for youth
- Enlists community-wide participation in assuming the responsibility for resolving youth concerns in a coordinated manner
- Is the voice of the Greeley youth
Are you between the ages of 11 and 18? Would you like to serve your community and impact the lives of your friends? Serving on the Greeley Youth Commission is a terrific way to make a difference. Find out more about the City of Greeley’s Boards and Commissions or apply online.
They meet the fourth Monday of every month at 6pm at the Rodarte Community Center.
Current members include:
- David Anderson
- Isaac Bearden
- Nash Bhanji
- Diana Calhoun
- Mackenzie Franks
- Brookelynn Hernandez
- Peyton Sheperd
- Madison Zeller